DualSPHysics is based on the Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics model named SPHysics.
The main functionalities of current and future versions of the code are presented herein:
- Parallelisation with OpenMP (CPU cores of shared memory) and CUDA (one GPU card).
- Time integration scheme: Verlet & Symplectic.
- Variable time step.
- Kernel functions: Cubic Spline kernel & Quintic Wendland kernel.
- Density treatment: Delta-SPH formulation.
- Viscosity treatments: Artificial viscosity & Laminar + SPS turbulence model .
- Weakly compressible approach using Tait’s equation of state.
- Shifting algorithm.
- Dynamic boundary conditions.
- Floating objects.
- Periodic open boundaries.
- Coupling with Discrete Element Method.
- External body forces.
- Double precision.
- Multi-phase (soil-water) – executable only.
- Multi-phase (gas-liquid).
- Piston- and flap-type long-crested second-order wave generation.
- Passive and Active Wave Absorption System.
DualSPHysics v4.3 (October 2018 - during 4th Users Workshop)
- Inlet/outlet flow conditions. BETA VERSION
- Coupling with Project Chrono. BETA VERSION
- Relaxation Zone method and coupling with wave propagation models. BETA VERSION
- Inlet/outlet flow conditions.
- Coupling with Project Chrono.
- Relaxation Zone method and coupling with wave propagation models.
- Incompressible SPH.
- Source code of Multiphase Liquid-Sediment implementation.
- Coupling with MoorDyn library.
- Multi-GPU implementation.
- Variable particle resolution.
- Local Uniform Stencil (LUST) boundary conditions.
- Boundary Integral conditions.